Tuesday, 3 March 2009

View from the States

Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of a three week visit to the US, focussing on US foreign policy challenges. It's run by the State Department, who have brought together 22 of us from European countries to travel around the States and to receive briefings on all manner of US foreign policy issues. I'm hugely privileged to be on this visit, and am learning a great deal.

I rarely get access to the internet, but am hoping to blog more about my thoughts on US foreign policy when I can. The significance of the economic crisis is playing heavily in my thinking. I personally am always asking our illustrious speakers what their interpretation is of the potential social and political consequences of the economic disaster that we're facing.

More to follow on that.

Best wishes,

John

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.