Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Ash health advice shows we're viewed as morons


Now I have mild asthma, so perhaps I ought to be worried about volcanic ash (I'm not btw) but for all you able breathers out there, I'm sure you'll be relieved to read the health advice from the Health Protection Agency as listed on BBC News Online -

"...if people notice symptoms such as a runny nose, itchy eyes or cough they may want to go inside".

I read on that if you smell sulphur, rotten eggs, OR A STRONG ACIDIC SMELL when outdoors, you "may wish to limit their activities outdoors or return indoors". I'd endorse that advice based on personal experience. When I was last out playing with my frisbee at the chemical works, I continued to run to catch the frisbee, despite the strong acidic smell in the air, and ended up falling into a vat of acid....

Honestly, are the WHO, BBC, and HPA worried that someone might sue them if they don't offer advice on all eventualities?

Heaven knows how we'd cope if anything serious or vaguely dangerous ever came falling from the sky.

1 comment:

  1. Funny John. They say you had straight hair before the freak chemical frisbee accident!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.