Monday, 30 May 2011

Milibands choose same wedding reasons as Mr & Mrs Slinger

Tanya and I were delighted to see that newlyweds Ed and Justine Miliband chose the same readings for their wedding as we did.  An extract from Captain Corelli's Mandolin and I Carry Your Heart With Me, a poem by the American writer e e cummings.


I fully expect Ed to now sign up to my entire political agenda, including the immediate creation of a Citizens' Assembly instead of the House of Lords (to be selected by lot, as with jury service) and action to create a genuine meritocracy in which the wealth of your parents have no impact at all on your life chances.
 
And I expect to read that his favourite band is Depeche Mode.
 
And....[shut up now John - Editor!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.